Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kim Harrison reading order



Kim’s newest book “Pale Demon” comes out today, I had to share this since she is my all time favorite urban fantasy author. Reading her work is like being with your best friend, you can never wait to get back and get into that groove! This is book #9 in her Rachel Morgan series, it doesn’t take place on a planet I can’t spell, it’s all here in Cincinnati after some genetically modified tomatoes lead to deaths of huge numbers of the human population, letting the vampires, werewolves, demons, fairies, witches , you name it, it’s here, roam with more freedom. Rachel is a witch who words with Ivy and Jenks  ( vamp and a pixy) to catch some bad guys, make some cash on the side and most important of all, stay alive. There is wit and incredible humor and realism mixed in with some magic, brilliantly done! I heatedly recommend reading the books in order, all over them. Each one is a masterpiece, I especially loved the 4ht in the series “A Fistful of Charms” because it has a lot of werewolf action  ( my favorite night creature) on a misty island, and you won’t believe what Rachel has to change into in order to get the mission done…

I have read and reviewed books 1-7 on Amazon and Goodreads and will be reading book 8 any day now, I usually leave one before the new book comes out, otherwise the wait is just too long and torturous! I highly recommend checking out Kim’s site http://www.kimharrison.net/, she’s a lovely person who writes amazing updates on her writing, her ideas and everything that makes an impact on her work. If you like fantasy, some scares, some spice and tons of twists and turns, then this is the series for you, I simply love it, it’s part of me by now, the years I spend following the characters will never leave my memory, I love books and reading but this feels even more personal, Kim rocks!

Complete reading order ( LOVE THIS SITE.. I used it every single time I read any series)

Series
Rachel Morgan
1. Dead Witch Walking (2004)
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (2005)
3. Every Which Way But Dead (2005)
4. A Fistful of Charms (2006)
5. For a Few Demons More (2007)
6. The Outlaw Demon Wails (2008)
     aka Where Demons Dare
7. White Witch, Black Curse (2009)
8. Black Magic Sanction (2010)
9. Pale Demon (2011)



And here is book #9 ... great cover!


Kim is also working on a Graphic novel, can't wait!
To get your copy on Amazon see below:
 

No comments: